grapevine tree

I was inspired by a Canadian House & Home magazine article years ago that showed an old farm house at Christmas time with 2 or 3 grapevine trees on the porch....

and decided to make my own....

with wild grape vine.

This stuff was plentiful near my home and from what I could tell a nuisance...it covered everything.

I would go out for a walk with my baby and the stroller and then pull at some and put it in the bottom of the stroller.

I did this for a long time...

when your in-laws ask about the growing ball of vine in your back yard just assure them that you have an idea...

I didn't do anything special but keep winding the wild vine around and around...

and I still have the tree...

it's been at least 6 or 7 years now...

you can probably buy these things easily now...that happens with a lot of things I try and do myself...eventually they are a dime a dozen at the local Home Sense




Every year I pull out my fake wreaths and add some real stuff...

this year I had to take out the real stuff that was still in the wreaths from last year first.

I hadn't bothered to do that at the end of the season....




I make a bunch of these wreaths and put them up everywhere...in and out...in windows, over mirrors etc

and each year I pick up a couple more wreaths at Michaels when they are on sale to add to my collection

this weekend we are going to start decorating inside...Charlotte insisted we wait until December...

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! thank you for following my blog! I am happy to meet you..your blog is lovely..I have enjoyed it..very pretty home and your kids are too cute! Come again soon!I would love to have you! I will be checking back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath, I am very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the secret's out about NYC. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. The images and text on this blog are so harmonious. You rock my domestic diva world!! Sugar Wings = Auntie Melissa xo.

    ReplyDelete