Bed

I usually wait until the children are asleep...or before they wake up to do this blog thing.  But oh my goodness they are playing...so nicely....TOGETHER.  They just asked me for a bone...or was it a phone...there is an old cell phone in the middle of the hallway that they aren't charging at so I'm thinking it was a bone....

Ok..found the bone.  For the stuffy dogs.  And they are back playing.

My bedroom has a new bed.  Well, actually it's a new mattress, and since I won't be getting a bed frame any time soon, lets just call it a bed.  This makes me very happy.  Kevin and I, and on occasion one or two children, have been sleeping on a not so comfortable Queen size mattress for over 11 years.  Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for the mattress, it was given to us by his generous brother and his wife about the time we were married.  It saved us from sharing a Double.  But for the last couple of years my love affair with that mattress has been over.  Hello King...

Here's a shot of the bedroom with the old bed....



Kevin bought that bed frame for me for my birthday.  We were just married and I had seen it at a local shop, it wasn't that expensive but I still didn't think we could afford it.  He surprised me with it.  That bed is now in the extra bedroom, what was the craft room, and is now the cra-mped room. 

I'm excited to update the bedroom...a little more hotel...and a little less Little House.  Here's some of my inspiration...






Photos above styled by Wendy Williams Watt



Photo above Canadian House & Home
One thing that is definitely going is the sweet pink light that I have ignored since we moved in...it would be lovely in a little girls bedroom...


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your new bedroom! I love the inspiration pics:)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pics! your bed is lovely, but change is always good as well :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cute story behind your bed frame! What a thoughtful hubby :)
    I shall look forward to seeing your new room in a future blog post.

    ReplyDelete