Scallops and ruffles

This post was supposed to be about pretty things.  I was hoping to make a scalloped basket liner and some ruffly pillows.  Instead of a day spent at the sewing machine, it was spent trying to get my hubby off to Montreal and me over a dreadful stomach flu.  To top it off, winter finally hit us here and dumped loads of snow on us.  I am stressed. 

It is at these times that I wish more than anything I did not work OUTSIDE the home.  I want to hunker down with my kids and not worry about my mother making it to my house in the middle of a snow storm so that I can then, a nervous nelly, make my way slowly through the storm to an office where those there really do not care about how horrible a drive it was for me or my dear mom.  But we will do that today.  My mom and I.  And I will also pray that my love has made it to Montreal.

Until I have the time and the calmed heart to make the pretty things, here is my inspiration...




Photos courtesy Country Home

I'm also inspired by her ruffly pillow.  And her ruffly table cloth.

Is r u f f l y a word?

I hope so.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you make it to and from work ok. I don't like driving in snow.

    Love the scalloped basket liner. What a wonderful idea!!

    P.s. Ruffly is a word in my book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ruffly, I agree that it is a word...at least now!

    I too live over 1 hour away from work, I actually just commute with the subway, much faster and safer for me...there are mornings when I am up at 4 am that I wished I worked closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet your sweet, ruffle loving soul it's a word. A great word. A word that makes me smile =)

    Enjoyed your inspiration photos and am looking forward to seeing your creations. The stress of the day will pass and calm with come. Stay happy! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give you Ruffley or ruffly or whatever. I would love to help you out but I don't know how to install spell check on my new lap top - grrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruffly, even if it isn't a word, is fun to say.
    hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that a laundry basket the ruffle liner is in? love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you ladies are the BEST...I'm sorry for my whiny post. I really should NOT complain. The snow looked absolutely beautiful in the trees as I drove into my village last evening after work. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete