Muffin Monday


I'm an oatmeal apple muffin making mama.

These last couple of days have been a bit rough...weary...spirit draining. 

But Monday I was home with Court.  And I made muffins. 

And Court screamed at the top of his lungs to his playmates upstairs "MY MOM'S MAKING APPLE MUFFINS!!! AND THEY HAVE CINNAMON ON TOP...AND SUGAR!"

Now I'm sure the Ninja Turtle and the Batman upstairs looked at each other and wondered....

what the heck Court was screaming about...

or what the heck were apple muffins...

or thought...

how about some chocolate chip cookies...

or a rice crispie treat?   

But they all sat down and gobbled them up. 

To Court they were really something special and that made me feel special too.



Oatmeal Apple Muffins

1c.rolled oats
1c.buttermilk
1c.flour (I use half whole wheat,half all purpose)
1tbsp bran
1tsp cinnamon (I also grate some nutmeg too)
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 apple (I grate it, skin and all)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten

Mix the rolled oats and the buttermilk and let stand for 10 min.  Meanwhile whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  Mix the apple, oil, sugar and egg and then add to the buttermilk mixture.  Fold wet into the dry until just mixed.  Sprinkle muffin tops with cinnamon and sugar and bake at 375 for 20 -25 mins.

1 comments: