Bisi

Kevin's grandfather is affectionately called "Bisi" by his great-grandchildren (Bisnonno is great-grandfather in Italian)...



and we were lucky enough to have him over for dinner on Good Friday.

There wasn't any pressure on myself, at least none that wasn't self-imposed, but Bisi is used to some GOOD cooking...

and I couldn't just serve him a hot dog...

no....

especially not on GOOD FRIDAY.

So we made lobster bisque.  It was our usual cheater lobster bisque...

where you take some store bought lobster bisque...

you add a bit of whipping cream...

and LOTS of big chunky pieces of lobster that you have defrosted from a can.

But it is good....I mean how could it not be with big chunks of lobster in it.

We followed the lobster bisque with this recipe Kevin found for Shrimp Scampi Pasta.  So easy.  So delicious.  We will definitely make this again.



I simply had to make Martha Stewart's Guyere Tart that I saw here this week. It was just so pretty. 



We made it with Fontina...

because we LOVE Fontina...

dipped in honey...

that has been infused with truffles...

oh, yes, back to the t a r t.

The tart was easy and pretty and delicious and I see myself making this again and again and again.

After dinner it was time for some BUBBLES!!!!






happy Easter or Passover or extra-loooong weekend to all

6 comments:

  1. looks delicious! you're a kitchen superstar!sweet pics to capture it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like some meal, for a no pressure Good Friday! lol! You can come over to my house and cook anytime!! :) And bubbles, who can resist those, brings me back to being a kid...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you too!!!!!!!
    Your menu sounds so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging at night makes me hungry...it all looks delish! Fun family pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that tart looks amazing! And Fontina dipped in honey... that's something I've gotta try. Thanks for the awesome idea! And I LOVE that Charlotte is blowing bubbles with her hands. That girl is a smarty-pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks delicious.
    LOVE the picture of your little girl blowing the bubbles through her hands.

    ReplyDelete