My mondays

I love my Mondays.



The day where many head to work and to school and I...

don't.

They are my if I didn't have them you would have to lock me up because I would be so crazy days.

On Mondays I soak up my kids, my hubby, my surroundings...

or at least I try.  I try to just take it all in. Oh and I try and do way too much.

Yesterday, I tried not to have any expectations. I knew Kevin would need my help...

to have a shower...
to get dressed...
to get to work if only for a couple of hours...

and then I would have some much needed one-on-one time with my little guy.



We didn't get to the library as I had hoped...

or go strawberry picking...

or plant tomatoes...

but we had a picnic lunch in the back yard...

and played super hero.

I pushed him on the swing.

We cleaned up the playroom which had reached the "enter at your own risk" stage...

and walked to and from school with Charlotte.



And even I amazed myself at dinner, with only 1 steak in the freezer, I pulled off these quesedillas and goopy's homemade salsa and guacamole for four...and everyone loved it. 



The day ended with Court's first little league game & ice cream cones.

Such a delicious day...

to pull me through the week ahead.

10 comments:

  1. that sounds like a perfect day! loving the little baseball player, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet! I always have a list.. but remind myself too, just to enjoy the moments like you did.. a lesson for all us moms! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the baseball shots ~ he is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great start to the beginning of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh these sounds like delicious days...I heart saturdays and you heart mondays, I like those days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Fridays. I only work Monday-Thursday, so while everyone is heading off to work on Friday, I'm sitting down with my coffee and paper - in the garden - ahhhh.

    I'll definitely have to try out those quesadilla's - I love when I can make amazing dishes from little beginnings :)

    If you have a chance, please drop by my blog to enter my very first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through that fabulous photo of your skirted desk on HOUZZ. AND I AM SO GLAD I DID! I adore your writing and your photos! I'm a new follower too

    PS...your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came to visit because your profile says you are Canadian (me too!)...but I'm gonna stay because you seem like a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete