Now & Then...


Nine years ago Kevin and I bundled up our new baby girl and walked home from the hospital.  We only lived a block away...


June 9, 2001

but I was still a little weak and didn't feel I could make it.  My mother-in-law Gina drove up and I got in. 

She was there to pick me up.

I feel very much the same way today as I did back then...

as I was at the hospital last night...

although it was a different one, in a different town, and we now live too far from it to walk home.

And instead of a baby I was bringing home, it was my husband, after surgery to his crushed wrist.

But it was almost 4 in the morning when I got him home...

feeling exhausted and as sleep deprived as a new mother...

and before we could even get out of the car...

his mom was there opening the door to our home...

ready to look after her baby...

and to pick me up.

8 comments:

  1. You must of been shattered!

    I hope all is well soon : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can catch up on some sleep today! And I hope your hubby's wrist heals quickly. Yay for sweet mil's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! I hope your husband feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo to the hoo for supportive families. hope yours has a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to have someone there to pick us up when we fall!~Blessings

    Happy Birthday to your lil Chick.~Cheers

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe what I am reading...the fall...the broken bones...the birthday...it is all to much.
    SO so sorry and really wish I could help you out.


    will be thinking of you and praying for quick recoveries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 9th Birthday to your darling little girl! Hope your husband recovers quickly, it is so nice to have great family members nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this ~ it brought tears to my eyes. Goes to show you that even after you are grown ~ Mom's will still "mother" their children. Belated Happy Birthday Birthday to Charlotte and I hope hubby is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete