Happy things

When we were hosting an annual family reunion 5 years ago Kevin and I thought it would be a good idea to install a new retaining wall in our back yard.

When company is coming I tend to tackle REALLY BIG projects...

instead of throwing things in the closet and wiping the toilet seat...

I'm painting armoires or moving plants.

So when I was thinking about entering this contest, I thought it would be a good idea to install a new fireplace and paint my entire living room/dining room.

 A few things derailed my BIG plans and they included a broken wrist and a heat wave.

The fireplace still looks like this...



and I'm OK with that.

Because my kitchen is sparkly clean...



and I love this pretty french soap that everyone else in the house doesn't...



and I made chocolate chip banana bread and it is sitting uder a glass dome I got at Value Village for 2.99...



and its market day.



I'm happy.

8 comments:

  1. I love a sparkly clean kitchen!! too bad mine is rarely that way! So sorry about your wrist :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love a sparkly clean Kitchen and the fireplace adds a little extra rustic charm. Hope that wrist is better soon!

    Kelli
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! for a minute I thought that was a kitchen out of a magazine, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl your kitchen is rockin', is that open shelving I spy??? I want to see more of your kitchen, pretty please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Kitchen!!


    I love your glass dome!!!! and that banana bread looks yummers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a fantastic kitchen! I would be that happy too! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitchen so much! very cute glass dome by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete