Just you and I

Last night Kevin and I made burgers...

grown up burgers...

with sauteed cremini mushrooms...

and a little blue cheese for him...



and some cheddar for me.



And of course wine.

You can't have an adults only dinner without wine.

There was a chill in the air so I requested a red.  Kevin picked out a Zinfandel and it was perfect.

This morning I woke up a little later than usual and went for a long run in one of my favourite neighbourhoods.

Kevin snoozed.

I returned home and made us breakfast...

in bed.



Today we will celebrate Canada Day and a very special birthday.

I can't wait to see the kids.

I can't wait to have them home.

But the last couple of days have been lovely...

decadent...

and just what we needed.

10 comments:

  1. Your special date sounds wonderful. Love the breakfast in bed, perfect.
    I just realized that is just what I need...something has been a bit off for me the last couple of days. I need a date with my hubby. Maybe tomorrow, grandma is coming over.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Londen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I hope you had a lovely Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Those burgers made my mouth water!! Yummy : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect, how relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the grown-up burgers and breakfast in bed! i'm craving both now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds absolutely wonderful!!!! the breakfast in bed sounds dreamy...enjoy the rest of your time and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute perfection.

    Grown up burgers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds heavenly. I"m looking forward to a little bit of that this summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey lovely girl - that sounds soo nice....... special you/together time you've SO been needing! I hope it was perfect! :):) Love & hugs.... ilks

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Decadent" is such a perfect word for these kinds of days! So glad you had some R&R. (And those burgers look fantastic!)

    ReplyDelete