Summer?


I'm pooped.

I found this picture of the mud room looking all tidy - it never looks like this. There are smelly shoes that have been creek walking and damp suits that have been swimming. There are empty water bottles that need filling and towels that need drying. It smells of grass, and sunscreen and summertime.  My kiddos are knee-deep into summer and loving it.




As they have been enjoying their days at summer camp, I have been counting mine down until my vacation starts. I pick them up from camp each day and they are worn out and brown...I am worn out and pasty.


It has been exactly one-year since I have had a week off work - a year since I've had more than 4 days away from the deary office. I need a break. It's coming..

in just three more days.

I can do it...yes, I can.

And because I am so not inspiring at the present time...

here's some inspiration I've found:

mama wanderluster's fabulous new blog

nikole herriott's pretty home and i want her hair

i want a coffee shop like this near me

this girl is just all sorts of amazing and gives great photo tips

I read this sweet book!


The computer is crashing and so am I...

summer here I come.

9 comments:

  1. You are too kind. Thanks for the mention.

    Enjoy your week off, out in the sunshine with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you need a vacation. Hope it's a fabulous one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want her hair too!
    enjoy your holiday. can't wait to hear all about it.
    what is it that you do for a day job? so curious

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I don't like the smell of grass, especially fresh cut grass, but when it is combined with summer, yum!!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it ~ you can do it!! I love all things about summer and vacation is on the top of the list. Have a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your children are just gorgeous. Love summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly believe that our summer break is almost over here in az. It is my favorite part of the year...hope you are enjoying your summer and those gorgeous babies of yours!

    Xoxo, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your way of writing... i'm so glad you stopped by my blog so i could find you. and yes, the rest that summer brings... let's walk knee-deep in it, friend. your children are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete