Stuff


Last week we were jumping into cool northern waters...


and zooming around on quads.

It's become a tradition. 

Our generous friends invite us to be a part of their week at the family cottage and we couldn't be more lucky.

I'm reminded every year of how awesome this group is...

how special their children are...

how grateful I am to have them in my life.

~

This week found me back at work and it was like I never went away.

While I worked, the kids days were filled with summer fun thanks to their wonderful grandparents. There were carousel rides and trips to the library. Many, many swims.  When I kiss their messy heads they smell of chlorine and fresh air.  Their bodies are brown and the bottoms of their feet are black.

~

I've found the first red leaves of our maple to fall in our yard and I can't help but think towards fall...  

 



and happy to see I can still get away with this hat...


~

There are ripe bananas in my kitchen calling out to be made into bread.  It's nie's recipe and it is delish. Although I have decreased the amount of sugar over time, especially if the bananas are extra ripe and sweet, you can find the recipe here.

~

We are working on the fireplace this weekend after I picked up a mantel at a Habitat for Humanity Re-ScoreStore.  I can't wait to show the amazingness. If only it would install itself...

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. We are heading to the beach for a week soon, can't wait.
    Looking forward to the fireplace reveal. Every winter I dream of a fireplace. Have a great weekend.
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the mantel in place. i know what you mean about DIY. i have so many projects half finished around here. love your description of tanned bodies and black feet. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for fall. Bring on the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds AWESOME!!!! :D
    Although, fall is sounding good too right now... it is so BLASTED hot that I think we might all melt if fall doesn't head our way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so not ready for fall as I am enjoying this summer so much. Alas ~ we still have some renos to do here at the house ~ so cooler weather will make that more enjoyable. I love how you described the kids ~ carefree summer vacations and padding around barefoot ~ swimming ~ ahhh perfection. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for Fall too.

    I love the fashions, the colors, the smells...

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like such a lovely time. Cant wait to see the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This J Crew model reminds me of Phyllis Diller somehow.

    ReplyDelete