Magic potions and major renovations

As I've mentioned before, I love the rain.

Sometimes it just feels good to not have the sun shining down upon your face.

It is raining now...

it hits the balcony outside with a splat, splat, splat as I type.

The downspouts gurgle.

It is also now that Charlotte and Courtland have decided to be friends and are running around outside collecting things...



for their magic potions.




Although they were at each other all day it was a surprisingly good one.

One that made up for the craziness of the past couple of weeks.  Weeks spent working tirelessly on our home and garden while the kiddos watched far too many movies and we all ate an unbelievable amount of quickie food. 

Today was the first day I didn't have to tell them that I couldn't help them do, find, or make something. The first day that I didn't have to say no to playing, reading, or god forbid to helping me paint/hammer/drill/install/rip out something. 

Today we went to the farm stand, the apple orchard and the library. I shucked corn picked this morning for dinner tonight...



instead of opening a box of cereal.

And here's a sneak peek of some of what was accomplished here at the cp house ...


and yet there is still more to do. Although the mantel is UP it is not IN as the concrete threshold that I laid on Wednesday at 7:30 am before heading to the office is still not dry.

And this room needs paint.

And some personality:)

But that's for another day...

4 comments:

  1. love it! good job as always. my youngest is obsessed with making potions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a summer rain too ~ nothing like mother nature's watering and keeping everything green. The mantle is fabulous ~ cannot wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the mantle !! Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I need more paint and personality.

    Come on over...it is pouring here..and will be for three more days...

    ReplyDelete