Rain


Today was the last day of my little holiday.

I didn't want to spend the entire day washing all the dirty cottage clothes or cleaning out the fridge.

So I didn't.

This afternoon I told the kiddos to get their suits because we were heading to the splash pad. 

I have just realized that it was my first time this summer...

and I want to cry.

I want to cry because I loved every minute of it.

I loved Court talking all...the...way...there.

He talked about Fairy Falls.  He asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and suggested I be a Fairy so I could live at Fairy Falls. He learned about Fairy Falls at camp. I love camp. 

I loved Charlotte belting out a song over top of Court's ramble about Fairy Falls.

I loved the song she was singing.  A Patty Griffin tune which I've added to the playlist below. 

It's called Rain.

And I loved that it did just that.  We got caught in the downpour and laughed ourselves silly.





I loved the rain.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds utterly wonderful Tara...*sigh8...summer always goes too quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I'm sorry it's over.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post Tara....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post...your kiddos are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you.
    WIll you adopt me?
    because I want to run away.
    and you look like a nice place to run to.

    and growing up to be a fairy is the best idea I have ever ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful moment in time! I LOVE Patty Griffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring on the rain!

    Now I need to hear that song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh stop, now I am going to get all emotional :( we have a couple more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh friend, you have so much heart in your posts... so much love for your children. i learn from you. and isn't rain magical? i sense God's tears of joy in it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would like to be a fairy too!! I love a summer downpour at the right time of course. There is nothing better than running out and standing with your arms spread wide ~ I am so glad you topped off your vacation with such a great day.

    ReplyDelete