Meet the teacher night...


I'm so drained from meet the teacher night.

I didn't really like it when I was a student and I don't really like it now.

It just stresses me out.

The teachers were lovely.  And said the most wonderful things about Charlotte...and well Court he's supposed to listen.  "We have to listen before we can learn."

Then Court just kept disappearing and pulling at Charlotte's beaded bracelet until it broke and beads went spilling all over the floor...and all the while I'm trying to talk to a teacher...or a parent. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

And just before we left for meet the teacher night Charlotte worked on her homework and Court worked on his writing. He tore off what he had written and put it in an envelope for his teacher.  But I had to ask him - what did he write? 

He says to me as we are walking out the door - don't worry Mom I didn't write Ass.

You see his father taught him recently that Ass was another name for a donkey and he's been including it along with other words he knows...like and, the, in, it, dad, mom etc.- as he practices.  The words just flow together and end up like this: theindadmomtoasstheonit.

~

This week I made this little picture with some old scrabble letters and a frame I had hanging around.


I have big plans for this glass fronted cupboard I stole found in the attic at my parents... 


which is sitting in my dressing room/office...


and is presently holding my small shoe collection.

It may just get filled with these...


which I am off to read while warming my cold feet against my hot hubby.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to meet the teacher nights at all, you spend most of the night praying for your kids to behave and hoping the teacher doesn't have anything bad to say about their behavior.
    Love your new cabinet you "borrowed" from your parents, it is the perfect size for books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exhausting!

    Boy, did I ever laugh about the 'ass' business...ayi yi yi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new to your blog...and i can so relate to this post....our open house was last night...during a time that my kiddos are already in bed....my 6 year old was so excited (and tired) she had this wild look in her eye all night and couldn't focus!! the 4 year old was just tired!! love your blog....can't get enough of your gorgeous house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so not looking forward to meet the teacher nights; they seems long, tedious and stressful. Love the scrabble art and the glass front cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that top with the cloth rosettes (can I call them that?) Did put that on the front of the rack cause its your favorite? That's what Im going to picture you doing :)

    I haven't read the top two picks, but usually find Heather's picks to be very enjoyable! Let u know if you like!

    That cupboard is AWESOME! My parents don't have an attic full of treasures....*sigh*

    Every little thing you do is magic!

    Cheers! Shannon (8foot6)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I feel I will be the same way on teacher night, I asked the pool man yesterday if the teachers at my son's school every say anything about how my son was that day, and he replied no, and I bring it down to this, "no news, is good news" as my punk hasn't been kicked out yet, so that is a good sign! so I feel we will be on the same page....humph...love the new love sign, and your borrowed cabinet!! darling, hope your feet were warmed up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything about you is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it all. i hear you with meet the teacher night. i have no "good girls" to compare my bead necklace breakers with, but you're in good company x3 (the busy boys i find, turn into the most beautiful teenagers)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glass fronted cupboard!! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cabinet! Reading is one of my favorite things to do ~ I cannot imagine not having a book to read. Hope you had a fabulous week-end and here's hoping the next meet the teacher night goes smoother than this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it- your blog is great. and the scrabble picture is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete