me...one year later

Me

I don’t have a profile. I mean there is a wee picture of me...and of course you can see I am from Canada…because Canada rocks.

But when it comes to who I am I have some difficulty finding the words.

When I started this blog one year ago today I didn’t know if anyone would read it…it was almost presumptuous of me to describe myself…to myself. Oh and to Kevin my only other blog reader. It may have helped however as sometimes I wonder if he really understands what I’m all about.

To be honest every time I would try and come up with something I would think it sounds just like someone else’s profile…I love vintage, tea in a pot, and my two gorgeous kids…oh and rain, lets not forget about the rain…oh and Kevin too, MUSTN’T forget the hubby…

I wouldn’t have wanted to have another blogger think I was copying her...which after lurking around I understand is not really the most sincerest form of flattery.

So I just put it off.

But I LOVE reading profiles.

It is the first place I go when I discover a new blog…that and house tours.

I want to know a little more about the woman behind the writing…the pictures…the adorable children.

Part of the problem I have describing myself is that my life does not always reflect who I am…

I have a career but I am not driven at work.

I celebrate the domestic arts and yet consider myself a feminist.


I have a Life Science degree but I also took courses in Home Economics…and Art History.

I work in Finance yet I don’t like anything financial...(this might have something to do with the not being driven characteristic).

I like to create and surround myself with the things I love. These loves include my precious children, my hilarious and handsome hubby, handmade and hand-me-down, beautiful designer shoes that my husband has given me, baking in the oven, red maple trees, running in the rain, line dried cotton sheets, rooibos tea in a pot at bedtime, coffee with milk in the morning, newspaper clippings from my dear mom, the farmers market, folky music on my ipod, un-perfect hair, stacks of books from the library, period movies, hard work, afternoon naps, ballet, hugs and kisses....

a bit of me.

But not all of me.

I'm still figuring that out...♥

19 comments:

  1. And pretty. Very pretty.
    You forgot to mention that!

    I love (fellow) Canadian bloggers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I found you ~ and yes Canada ROCKS!! I too struggled with my profile ~ and I am still trying to find my style. Congrats on one year ~ I love coming to visit! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is difficult to write the profile, I'd have to agree. So hard to summarize oneself as you never really capture the essence. Now that I think about it, I didnt really do a personal profile, just a bit about what the blog is about. That's too funny - I never noticed that. Now you've given me something to obsess about. I love the photo of yourself you posted, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all still figuring it out...I love what you wrote about yourself in the last paragraph, straight to the point but allowing yourself to bend and mold into other areas, sounds perfect to me! And I think the common demoninator that brings us all together is that we have some of the same likes, and some of the same loves yet we are all different! happy weekend!p.s. I can totally relate to not loving my career, GAG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, I have just come across it!! I all of your pictures are great,are you somewhere in the Country side? It really reminds me Alexandria, On- the place where my family had a country home when I was growing up! Beautiful home too by the way!

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful and I loved this newest glimpse! So happy to call you Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think a profile can ever really summarize someone, but you came very close with this. Lovely. And eerily reminiscent of a younger me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary! I know exactly what you mean about the profile page. I procrastinated on mine until just recently and I have been doing this for 2 years know. It is hard to sit down and write about yourself.... ekkk! But I love what you have got so far and the photo is darling! I cant' ever seem to get a self portrait of myself that I am happy with..... we won't read into that too much though! Hee :D

    PS - scrolled down and got caught up. I am laughing about your apple picking photos - they are eerily similiar to mine that I posted this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there pretty lady :)
    I love reading your blog, well done for reaching your 1 year anniversary!!
    Canada does indeed rock! I am from England and have been living here in Nova Scotia for just over 5 years. I am on the verge of getting my Canadian Citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. period movies? you mean ones about menstruation? HA HA HA
    I think I am so funny (and I think I wrote that in my profile)

    you are all things pure, simple, and beautiful
    I love your home
    your children
    and your marriage
    And while I have yet to see all of your shoes, I would imagine I would love them, too

    here is to another year of discovering you
    what a blessing it was finding you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well pleased to meet you Tara! What a wonderful post!!! Your husband gives you designer shoes? Keeper!

    (Love your blog...love your you-ness...if you keep writing, I will keep reading...that's a promise!)

    Happy Turkey day! No rain this weekend :) :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, you forgot pretty! I too struggle with the right words sometimes. We have a wonderful community of women with a lot of the same interests, women who "get" us. I love that.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    Londen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah-you are beautiful-inside & out...

    I think we are all figuring out who we are, aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the bit of this and that paragraph :) you are sweet as pie. happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great profile! I'm still struggling trying to come up with some decent profile too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tara - you are one of the loveliest people I've EVER known, both inside and out. Congratulations for your anniversary - and thankyou! When I need a little moment to myself... a special moment to feel happier.. I come to your blog. It feels like coming home, only sometimes even nicer... 'special forever girlfriend home'... :):) ~ilks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi tara, your blog & ur snap is too outstanding and eye catching, truly like it. you must try thiswebsite to increase visitor. Btw keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy blogiversary to you!! As a new reader I'm loving your blog and love hearing more about you. You say a little every time you post so really, it doesn't NEED to be in that little profile spot.

    Thanks for the beautiful posts - keep it up!

    and yes, Canada does ROCK!

    ReplyDelete