almost there

I may have had just a touch of the spirit this weekend.

It started, as it usually does, with the first snow.


Central Park - NYC snow last winter


Early Sunday morning as I walked hand in mittened hand with Court to grab my morning coffee, the snow flakes started to fall.

We woke up in a downtown Toronto hotel and mommy desperately needed a Starbucks red cup.  I had been to the Canadian Design Bloggers Meetup the previous night and there had been some wine.

I had the red, thank you very much.

Jennifer did a fabulous job, as usual, summing up the night.  There were so many talented, thoughtful women! I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed to have been a part of it.

~

If your fall mums are looking like this...



but you aren't quite ready...

or perhaps you lack the time, energy, and drive to do this...



do this...


9 comments:

  1. Such an inspirational gallery. I am ready to start focusing on the holidays now..

    Great to see you at the Meet up.

    Vie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I wish I could do that...all I would see is heaping piles of snow on top of that lovely little planter. I love the greenery...and the pine cones...love em both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a touch of the spirit...
    I am feeling it a bit this week too
    preparing for our Thanksgiving on Thursday...recipes, and menus, and decorating..hard to not get a little excited.

    your family is welcome to our home...be here Thursday at 1pm...there will be lots of pie and wine
    of course wine
    red
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum for red wine. super cute idea with the pinecones with time left over for more important stuff. ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to see you again Tara! You looked so lovely in your dress. I hope the family enjoyed the night in the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mums look like that except covered in a foot of snow! haha. I love the idea of the pinecones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saturday was so much fun! It was great to meet so many wonderful ladies at the party :-)

    I'm still not feeling too much Christmas spirit - it usually kicks in around December 1st. Thanks for the inspiration pics - I like the planter with the greenery & birch branches, but I'm more likely to do the pine cones. Lack of time & skill!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just threw my mums out too! You won the bracelet ~ email me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for some simple, festive decor :) I love reading your blog, sorry I haven't left more comments lately. Keep up the good work and congrats on letting a wee bit of the holiday spirit shine through ;)

    *Tania @ Passport2Design.com

    ReplyDelete