simply lovely day

It is Christmas Eve and I will be heading into the office in a wee bit.

Yuck.

Those office days however make me appreciate the days where I don't go into work even more.

Here's how Court and I spent one of those days recently. He calls them Mommy days...

and I call them simply lovely days.
We went tobogganing in the park with a couple of his friends until his cheeks were bright red and then walked home for some hot chocolate.




We hit the library for books...







and maybe a movie...or two.


We dragged our big bag of books across the street to the bakery...


where we admired the decorations...


Court ordered his favourite monkey bread...





and he asked me if I got a picture of him "eating the boob".


We read some of the books we had picked out. I drank my pot of tea.


Simply...

lovely...

day.

~

We are going on a little holiday...a little french get-away...with family!  We will be spending our time after Christmas in a cabin in Quebec...and I do imagine a few more simply lovely days there will do this mommy good!  I will be off-line until then...

Merry Christmas my sweet friends.  What a blessing you have been to me this year!

Hugs and kisses...or should I say grosses bises!

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect day to me. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your time in the Belle Province! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

    Sounds like a lovely day, love the mug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holidays and see you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Tara! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog over the year. Hope you can have more special moments over the holidays with your kids! BTW: Going to the library is one of my favourite places to visit {other than home decor shops}, and that bakery, lets just say I am jealous.

    Have a Merry Christmas,
    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time!! Merry Christmas to you and your adorable family.

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny(movie night)
    - Love the Postcards- what a Great idea...
    Great Blog.. A New Follower, ill check back for more laughs and Inspiration-ideas
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara,

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful family! I have so enjoyed reading your blog and can't wait for what the new year has in store :)

    Have fun in Quebec!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas, Tara! Enjoy what sounds to be the perfect Christmas vacation with your sweet family. I could steal Court from you...those photos...sigh.
    Love to all,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Holidays to you and family! Looks like you had a fun day.I Love the tree.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just found your lovely blog thru hodge:podge, and i am loving your photography of your gorgeous boy in this charming coffee shop! AAAH, there is something so comforting about the crisp cold weather and a nice pot of tea! Hope you had a merry christmas!
    xoxo your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha!court
    love the mug
    and the french cabin sounds lovely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet sweet Tara... i love seeing this day with Court.. so wonderful to think of one of my fave people in the whole world off having a special day with one of her little ones... hopefully 2011 will be full of safe, truly joyful and peacefull moments like these with all 3 in your lovely family.. a happy and successful year in health, family, friends and all ventures.... tons of love, sweet friend :) love ilks

    ReplyDelete