sunlight...starlight

I feel like I may be channelling a bit of my high school self what with the bangs and having recently busted out the hot rollers. Yes, I rolled my hair everyday that final high school year. I had little hair...and it needed to be BIG.  I’m afraid I may look like those women who rocked the Farrah Fawcett feathers in their prime and have just refused to give it up.  The fact that hot rollers are mentioned in the new issue of InStyle mag gives me some hope...

The weekend is almost here, thank goodness. It will give me some time to turn my face toward the sun which can be found outside, I'm told.  My days have been spent in an office with no window to the outside world which is enough to drive, even this die hard optimist...down. 


This year I put twinkle lights up in the little tree in our side yard...they cannot be seen from the road...but are for my little family to enjoy instead. This is the weekend for our tree too, which will hopefully shine some more light into this house.  I just can't decide if we will do the usual...or perhaps have a try at cutting down our own? Whatever we do, I will be happy to have it up and will no doubt be decorating it as the Elf soundtrack plays in the background...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, God bless hot rollers...:)

    A tree is always so fun when it goes up, no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great weekend decorating Tara! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hot rollers!! Can't wait to see your tree as I know you will make it look beautiful!! I have to check out the Elf soundtrack, I love listening to x-mas music all season!

    Have fun this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both options sound great. is it too much to ask for a pic of you in those hot rollers decorating the tree? ;) you're too cute. i had small hair in high school (my two options my whole life have been a bob or ali mc graw love story hair) totally won't hold curl or i'd be rocking the rollers too

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can have some of my big hair if you want. I've got way too much of it! Enjoy the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all us gals "of a certain age" rocked that Farrah look. May that beautiful woman rest in peace.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hot rollers too! As long as they're done right, haha. I want to see pics of your hair!

    Have fun decorating this weekend, Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. While decorating make sure to open a 2nd bottle of that Malbec... I find things always go easier with lots of wine!

    ReplyDelete