I am so not cool...

I have walked upstairs 4 times to get my teapot and forgot it each time.

That is what happens by the end of the week and I'm running on empty.



Yesterday Kevin walked into the kitchen as the kids and I were hopping around and singing Frog Song by Charlie Hope at the top of our lungs and he shook his head and asked me to please not turn un-cool. 

Now Charlie Hope sings beautiful songs for children (the lullaby Little One is also a fave) that are VERY cool however I guess no one ever bothered to tell Kevin that I have never been cool.  I don't know how I've managed to trick him so far ♥.

Court and I have been enjoying the book I got him for Christmas...


we snuggle up at night and follow along to the tune. Peter Yarrow was the Peter in Peter, Paul & Mary and I remember them on my parents television as a child singing Leaving on a Jet Plane and my mom humming along.  The TV was black and white and you had to get up and turn the dial to change the channel - so cool.  Peter's book is sweet and the illustrations are beautiful.

Charlotte's Christmas book was...


 due to our mutual love of Kate DiCamillo and Alison McGhee.

My delight over this fabulous book was most definitely un-cool.  How much do I love Gollie's modernist tree house and Bink's garden of carrots and her galoshes I simply cannot express...

"I have brought you half of my pancakes, " said Gollie.

"And I've removed one of my outrageous socks," said Bink. "It's a compromise bonanza!"

What is a bonanza?

Whatever it is...I adore it:)

7 comments:

  1. I don't get it, does hubby think that jumping around the kitchen singing frog songs is uncool?

    I love that you give your kids books for Christmas - it is a wonderful tradition. I hope you are recovering from the holidays and settling back into routines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is addicted to Charlie Hope's train song (thanks to your link! I wouldn't have found her!)...I guess my son is just like his (very uncool) mom...wants to hear a favorite song OVER and OVER and OVER again

    heck, I really like the train song too! WHOOO WHOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara you are the epitome of cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cool ~ so cool ~ don't let anyone tell you any different! Got your thank you card ~ it was very thoughtful of you. Happy week-end. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's an overflow, an excess. love it :) we used to go to an all you can eat buffet when i was a kid called bonanza

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your kind words this morning;-)
    btw...you look really cute in your mirror photo in the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these books look adorable. by the way, you are totally cool and i think so much so i passed on a little stylish blogger award to you! you can see what i'm talking about if you stop by my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete