vivre l'hiver!


I really shouldn't wait sooooo long to post because now I don't really know where to begin.

Actually, I do...

I want to thank Jennifer at Rambling Renovators who asked me to take part in their year-end Great Reads Blog Tour.  There are quite of few of my favourite blogs highlighted and also some wonderful new-to-me blogs that I can add to my list. 



Now if I had a laptop...

or even a smart phone...

or an iPod touch like my 9 year old daughter...

I could have posted about this from our little get away in the belle province.  But I do not.

I have returned from my vacation and find myself lost in all those Great Reads and I hope you will find yourself there too...if you haven't already:)

The holiday was at times lazy like a hibernating bear and also exhilarating like a run away train.  And speaking of trains, we found ourselves on a couple of them during our trip.  We also rode skis and skates and tubes.  The kiddos learned a wee bit of french and I gazed at stars I haven't seen in forever.  And it was all because of this guy...



Kevin's 87 year old grandfather.  He treated his family, of which I can gratefully say I am a part, to this wonderful holiday.  Thank you Papa.

Did I mention it was cold?






Happy New Year!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. OH lovely photos! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too lovely Tara :) Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. Wishing you a magical 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great wintery pics! love the one of all of u and of papa -- too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! Nothing like skating outside. Sounds like you have a wonderful time. Now back to reality? School starts for us tomorrow, argh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are all so adorable!! Love the last pic of you all together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of a great holiday! It did you good to be unplugged ~ it does do the soul good ~ really! I received your card today and it was so sweet and thoughtful of you. I am going to check out you list of Great Reads ~ I do not know whether to thank you or hate you! Happy New Year Tara ~ hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR TARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I want to move in with you this year. That is my resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are probably the cutest family photos I've seen all year!

    I just stumbled across your blog for the first time and thought I would say hello! I looked through a few of your posts and love your style.

    I'm a blogger as well, about the world of art, but my history is in interior design and fashion. I love to hear what people are saying! Hope we get to see more of each other in the future.

    Bethany
    www.DirksenDabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun trip :-) We went to Budapest for Christmas - like Lauren at Meet My Ugly Baby said, only Canadians would go somewhere cold for a winter vacation!

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun!!! Wishing you a beautiful New Year!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.