the art of play

Tonight I abandoned the dirty dishes as soon as I heard his Boston accent...


and sat my but down.

I remember convincing Kevin to take me to see Good Will Hunting...

thinking it was a movie he would love.  That was long ago.   We didn't need a babysitter. Our car had a stick shift.  I probably wore perfume.

I'm still in awe at the writing...some of the best quotes ever.


~

Monday was the Family Day holiday and as I was looking up public swim times at the local pool, Kevin planned a surprise trip to the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY...



Charlotte loved the "science room"...





they both loved working at Wegmans...






and exploring...everything.




The mail room.



Tinker toys!



Life aboard a ship.


Superhero strength.

~

It was a fabulous day...

made possible by my spontaneous and munificent husband ♥

9 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you on the spontaneous & magnificent hubby front too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun surprise! your kiddos are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin, now I have to plan a trip to Rochester! Chloe would flip over the Sesame Street stoop. I have Feist's 1234 sesame street video on constant replay on my iphone these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! Wish we lived nearby, it looks like a fun place to play. I miss shopping at Wegmans, it was a great grocery store in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWwwww love those kind of days!!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun. They look like they are taking their play very seriously! I remember the Capitol Children's Museum in D.C....my kids loved the sewer?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like fun!!!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pics of the museum
    it looks great
    and the quote about perfume is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete