craving comfort

I made the mistake last night of going to bed in a little tank instead of my usual long sleeves and I found it nearly impossible to rise this morning from beneath my warm duvet.

The cold has me craving comfort.  Wool sweaters.  Thick socks.  Corduroy.  Oatmeal.




I have now made this Blackberry Farm granola twice and realize I just may never buy store bought again.

I decreased the amount of sugar for my taste and added just a hint of cinnamon.  I have also added apples, both fresh and dried, and occasionally throw in pecans.  Court shares in my love of oats and he usually takes his plain, right before bed. 

The pumpkin loaf from last week is long gone. 


I was surprised at the kids affection for it...pleased to think they were getting such a super food...albeit in a sweet package.  They must be craving comfort too.

12 comments:

  1. I made "special" oatmeal today since Calvin LOVES oatmeal. I cooked it with half-water, half-OJ, then gussied it up with brown sugar and cinnamon. It was DIVINE!

    His response: "This tastes like after I throw up."

    Lawd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried Kim's granola but it seems everyone else has! The pumpkin bread looks yummy ~ I made some over Christmas. I found a great recipe for Blueberry Oat muffins which I hope to try soon. The cold makes me want comfort food too ~ we had chili for supper with biscuits ~ yummy. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, the best would be to stay in bed all day long with some yummy treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always whipping up the yummiest food. Can I stop by? Stay warm!

    Londen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting out of bed in the winter is so hard to do! But it helps if you know there's a slice of yummy bread or a bowl, of warm oatmeal waiting for you when you do get up :-)

    The granola looks & sounds delicious. Healthy can taste good too!

    Thanks for participating in my giveaway - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum :) so makes sense that you're a fan of cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Comfort food is definitely what's called for when it's snowed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the oatmeal around here as well. In fact, it's what we eat every morning with some blueberries, cream and vanilla sugar. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love homemade oatmeal too...i add all kinds of different things to shake it up...dried dates..and sometimes use vanilla almond milk...so many ways of delicious to go!
    yours looks really cold weather perfecct!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to bake with you...drink lattes...hang in your kitchen...that sounds like good comfort to me.

    I love you Lulu
    I really do

    ReplyDelete