hello February...


January you were a blur.

And to be honest...

I hope you are too February.  I have had just about enough of winter.

We are bracing for a big storm by popping corn and loading up on movies.  Yesterday I baked macaroni & cheese and loaves of pumpkin bread to warm my kitchen.  The wind is whistling around the door and windows that surround me so that even my woolliest of woolly socks cannot keep my feet warm. 

But February has a sweet side too...

and so does my husband.

Yesterday as I bustled about the kitchen amidst the post baking mess, he walked up with a serious face and asked me to look at something...

was it a note from the teacher? An overdue bill that had gotten lost in the shuffle?





Nope.

I looked at it and then up at him and we both burst out laughing.  It was just so corny.

But so sweet.  And that's why I love him so.

13 comments:

  1. I will be baking pumpkin cookies tomorrow. Enjoy the movies and the snow day (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hubby is too sweet!! this is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priceless!
    My husband n me had notes floating around on 'Post Its' which suddenly got lost in translation!!! :) your post rekindles the joy's of writing sweet nothings... Post its are my immediate next buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh i love it!! I'm with you... hoping Feb brings better weather is full of sweetness!!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your husband to marry me. Or at least slip me a nice note. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corny but oh so romantic!! Does he have a brother?? ;-)

    Happy Wednesday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sweet is that. I also now want mac and cheese...homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you all kept warm and toasty yesterday! :)

    I am so past winter too... and have been having a series craving for some mac n' cheese! mmm hahaha

    Love that note that - it's something B would do and it's great! Corny but sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though it's corny, it's so nice to get a little love note. What a sweetie!

    I always enjoy your musings. I just gave you a Stylish Blogger Award. Pop on by and claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously Tara, so sweet!:) happy friday~ and I love the top in the first photo on your header, sooo purdy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just so cute - especially cute because it tickled both your funny bones.

    ReplyDelete