kindness


The start of this week found me in bed for twenty-four hours with two sick kiddos by my side and a husband on his way to Montreal.  The virus was so very un-kind.

But Laura wrote a sweet post on Wednesday on acts of kindness which pulled me up from my depths of puking despair and I found myself in receipt of such acts of kindness from all around.

♥ A colleague who, for no apparent reason, felt the need to come up mid-day and tell me how much I meant to her.

♥ Two valentines, complete with surprise gift cards,  arriving in the mailbox for my two recovering kids to distract and inspire them. Thank you D.

I am determined to find ways to do something this weekend to reciprocate on these sweet acts as Laura suggested.  I will also be making some Valentines with my crafty Court.

We have decided on a version of these


pirate valentines and photo from mer mag

Court would like to make them bigger...



and the felt eye-patches removable, to be worn by the recipient...

and I think that might actually be possible.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are all feeling better and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better soon! I love those hanging hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get well soon!!!!!

    its a nasty bug that is going around right now...take extra care !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to here your sick. i got it too last week. ugh. those hanging hearts are great and love the valentines..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you and the kids are sick, get well soon doll. I too have had a nasty cold all week and I am just trying to get better.

    Love those pirate V-day cards, they are adorable!! I know you and Court will put your own creative spin on them!!

    Have a great weeekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh, we had that very unkind virus at our house too, it seems to be everywhere..dreaded virus, I hope your kiddos are doing better! Those valentines are absolutely darling...and your court the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I can see the virus is everywhere, we had it our home too this week! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreamy hearts!!

    Hope you're truly on the mend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, hope you arrrrr feeling better soon! Love the pirate cards ;)

    ReplyDelete