pish posh


As I write this the five year old is downstairs and he keeps screaming about something. I just can't respond. 

I am no longer the miserable person I was a couple of days ago...

however there is an uneasiness I am feeling and I can't quite shake it.

I think Court just threw something.

I don't think Court is helping my mood.

Can you believe that Court wrote out 23 valentines with first and last names?

And he was the only one to do that.

I am a fool.

All those other parents said pish posh.

Not I.

No...

not I. 

But Court and I kind of had fun...

writing those valentines...



in the four person tent...

in my living room.



We actually laughed at the absurdity.  But of course we kept going.

That is what we do.

We just keep going.  And we laugh.

10 comments:

  1. my girly was the only one to bring in goodies too...she had fun doing it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hubby got the job this year...but i'm liking your vibe here...I got to laugh more too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am impressed and know the kids who didn't hand stuff out LOVED the stuff they got :)
    i have that uneasy feeling too
    it's this time of year.
    i think
    i need a longer day and the kind of weather that makes one sit in the sun with her eyes closed, not this stuck in the house overthinking things
    we'll get it soon enough.
    still love the tent

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it is great he wrote all of those...it's almost the weekend and that means not feeling guilty about that glass of wine...yes, that means i enjoy occasionally during the week too. for some reason the ones one on the weekend i don't feel guilty about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes
    we keep going
    we have no other choice

    I had that "hard to pin point the anxiety" feeling this morning
    all my kids are home today
    and the day started "off"
    and I don't know why

    so I left
    I did
    please don't send me to jail

    I put on a video
    told the 12 year old to babysit
    and I ran to church alone
    just 30 minutes
    no one was hurt
    they all survived

    and I felt renewed

    until I discovered the 3 opened and full juice boxes on the floor

    just keep going...
    keep going
    keep going

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hear you...some days are like that...know the book "alexandras horrible no good very bad day"?...think there should be an adult of kids version...! and i'm in agreement too...gray days one after another don't help...hang in there...spring is coming

    ReplyDelete
  7. just keep going....that IS what we do. it's all an ebb and flow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are awesome!! Have a great long weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a lot of to-ing and from-ing! Great job Court and Mom!! Love the tent in the living room and the painting on the chair.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... in the tent together.... it's official... BEST mommy in the world award... neverever doubt.. :) xo l. ilks:)

    ReplyDelete