Hello yellow...


Tuesday we arrived home from our getaway and Court and I played baseball in the evening in our backyard. The evening that seemed to last forever.

Wednesday morning I woke up to snow. So much snow. Too much snow.  Enough snow for a snow-day snow...


only I didn't know it was a snow-day. So poor Charlotte went off to school, walking through the drifts (thankfully with my mom) to a deserted school.  And so started my life post-holiday...

a life which had already on the first day felt out. of. control.


I lit my new Anthro candle last night as I cleaned the out. of. control messiness of my kitchen and felt a tad bit better. I had to step over the adult sized costume of an Easter egg that Court had coloured on the back of some wrapping paper that was being substituted for actual paper, paper since we are all out of that. Kevin was the lucky recipient of the giant Easter egg - lucky duck.


  
I've dragged these thrifted chairs up from my basement where they have been awaiting some recovering and I've decided to just use them as they are for now.  I don't know why but I'm digging their golden colour and the fact that I can, at least temporarily, take them off my to do list.  Hello yellow.


13 comments:

  1. I like the yellowish gold too - and I can certainly see why you like taking them off your to do list.

    Glad to read you had a good week away. Wasn't that a lovely welcome we organized for your return, with all that white confetti- piles and piles of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of love the yellow too! And the shape is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chairs are really nice-as is!!

    This stupid snow will melt soon. Soon we are going to have a summer...I promise...I think...I hope? Somehow life will be better when the sun shines. I am chanting this over and over again, while it is day four or five of heavy, wet snow here-let's talk feet of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better it's pouring rain here in CA. I'm still waiting for Spring to start as well. I love the goldish-yellow chairs they look cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my the chair is yummy!!!! i need your candle today... it's chilly here!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back home. Couldn't you have brought the sunshine with you? ;) The chair looks perfect in that room. Perfect with that painting peeking out in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great chairs. hope it warms up for the weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that your anthro candle is "cinnamon" perfect for your blog!! And I rather like your chairs, the colour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just had a chaise upholstered in a very similar vintage gold colour. I think they are perfect as is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about your snow day ~ keep it there ~ ok.... Love those chairs ~ I think they look fab just the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. an anthro candle makes EVERYTHING better doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful candle :)
    and the house looks great

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am thinking the yellow chair is darling, I love the color and the shape, and just about everything in your house my dear!!! glad you had a nice break from the routine of daily life! xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.