the weekend


On good Friday I walked in the woods near our home with the children.  It was cold.  I wore a wool coat and missed my hat.  Court asked if we could go apple picking...appropriate because it felt just like fall.

Spring was no where to be found.

On Saturday I yelled up to Charlotte to wear shorts and packed the kids a backyard picnic lunch.

Hello spring.





Yesterday was a bit of both. Crisp but not cold.  We ate the last of the french lemon tart I made in honour of Kevin's big birthday and hunted for Easter eggs.  Charlotte asked me what a bunny had to do with Jesus...my thoughts exactly.

In between picking up bits of coloured foil, I will be working on a little project today.  It started when Kevin, without warning, tore out our powder room sink.  Here's a sneak peek...



and some inspiration.


Scanned from Canadian House and Home December 2010
Photo by Angus Fergusson


7 comments:

  1. A lemon tart is my favouite dessert! Looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm....sounds like a delicious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weather has been strange here too
    cold
    then warm
    then rain
    then shine

    today spring has sprung
    hope it lasts

    and how about posting that tart recipe?
    I am thinking it would be great on Mothers Day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lemon tart has delicioso written all over it! I'd love the recipe too. please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had lemon tart too...i didn't make it ;) how cute are you in your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm..the tart looks delish! Have fun doing your bathroom renos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm with laura. tart recipe!
    tho it might be too complex for this usually bakes from a mix girl. ;) weather here has been weird and random too. excited to see powder room updates as they occur

    ReplyDelete