Dinos and a recipe...


My boy is busy.  On Saturday evening, after I insisted that 8:30 pm was not the time to start sewing stuffed dogs, Court gave me a detailed account of what we would be doing the following day.  He did add in a couple of moments where he would "let me clean up".  How thoughtful of him.

One of the things he has been asking to do for some time is to make wire dinosaurs.  This is because we had started a project like this some time ago and had abandoned it, for lack of a better word.  On Sunday, after he had let me clean up, I agreed to start the project...


which involves making a dinosaur shape out of wire...I used picture hanging wire...


and then building upon the wire frame with newspaper, bits of tissue...

and then papier mache.

Once the dino is dry, you can paint it.  I am told that is what we are doing today.

And since we are speaking of papier mache...there is an inspiring children's online magazine of the same name.

Go here to check it out.

~
For the lovely girls who requested my french lemon tart  recipe, it is below...


Lemon Tart Filling recipe

5 comments:

  1. copied the recipe. as i worried -- copious steps ;) definitely going to copy the wire dinosaurs tho -- very cool boy craft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Hope my tart is as pretty as your tart (sounds so dirty...I like that)

    and you won't believe this...but today I began to paper mache dino eggs!!!!
    Will be posting that soon....

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool craft for boys...I think my brother may like that one!

    Going to check out that tart recipe...yummy!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must do those wire dinos with my nephews! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wire dino idea. Will have to give that a try with Henry. I think he would love it.

    ReplyDelete