Oh no he didn't...

oh yes...yes, he did.

This is what I saw when I walked in the door on Thursday after work.  It was dinner time.  There was an open house at the school.  I was ready to turn around and walk out...

and keep walking.

Did I tell you my husband is a spontaneous sort of person?  Did I tell you I'm not really a spontaneous sort of person?

We had talked about one day opening up our kitchen to the dining room beyond...but in a one day sort of way.

I guess for Kevin...

that one day was Thursday.

It didn't really matter that our little powder room renovation was still ongoing.  Or that the electrical updating we have been doing, we were still in the middle of.  I rationalize that because we were already being inconvenienced by those projects he thought why not be inconvenienced a little more.

Here's what it looks like this morning...


you don't want to see what I look like this morning. 

But it will get better.

In the mean time I'm happy that my branches are finally flowering...



the branches that I found covered with a drop cloth and inches of dust on Thursday have been rescued and placed in my dressing room/office.  My little refuge from the chaos and commotion of the rest of my home.

I will also find refuge in my mom this morning...and a shared pot of tea.

Happy mother's day.



P.S. We have a plan...sort of.  I would love to hear your ideas for my new open space:)

16 comments:

  1. Oh my ~ well it does look better this morning and I laugh as it is something that I would do! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have a panic attack, lol.
    Can't wait to see what you guys do. Have a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant...bring in the light! Have a great mommy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Great story. I Love it already!! Are you thinking of an island? Have I ever mentioned to you that I adore your old house?

    Happy Mother's Day Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha :)
    and beautiful with the space opened!
    love those spring branches.
    happy mother's day to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. disco ball and dance floor
    and a bar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just choked on my coffee. It lets the lovely natural light in though and I know it will look great once its done. Men, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to say, it's exciting! happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek! I would have fallen on my bootie. Funny though my mom and I used to do the same thing to my dad. He would come home from work and we would have somewhere in the house torn apart and he would jump right in with us.

    Good luck, take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! That is spontaneous. It's going to be amazing but I can understand your concern! Good luck with that dust!

    ReplyDelete
  11. .... Tar - believe it or not, it looks beautiful ... with the light coming in and the lovely feeling of space. It'll be SO much nicer and all this will be behind you before you know it :):):) Enjoy the beautiful branches and tea; take a deep breath and I KNOW everything will be settled before long :):) xoxoxoxoL ~i

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice? surprise? Have fun with the renos. Is that your kitchen and dining room? are you making a larger kitchen area?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stopped by to have a look at your blog through Lori at Wildflowers. I am glad I did.
    Spontaneous is wonderful. Be glad you have a hubby who just goes for it. I do too and it is never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my gosh! i can't imagine coming home to that! what a surprise. i think it looks great, though! excited to see how you reinvent the space.
    also -- i really love the picture-combo on the top banner of your page! hooked me instantly :)
    <3 kim
    floral printed heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud when I read this post and had to read it to my daughter. Believe me I can totally identify. As you can see I'm way behind on my blog reading, but it is nice to catch up with some favourites.

    ReplyDelete