pop up pillow


What do you do when your house is covered in plaster dust, laundry is piled waist high and you still have tile to grout? You make a pillow cover.



That's what I did on Sunday when I found myself alone in the house for one whole hour.

I rescued this remnant of a bed spread from the drop cloth pile and turned it into a little pillow.  Don't look closely as it was nearly impossible to find a big enough piece without some paint splatter.


I feel a bit of a cold coming on.  It's hard to avoid when your kids hand you their snotty tissues.  There is nothing I would like to do more at this very moment than lay my head down on my new nubby cushion and rest up.  I am however off to a very long day of work which will find me coming home in the dark.  Perhaps tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, it's miserable being sick especially when you have demanding little kids to attend to! Love the pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! I want to make some pillows out of vintage silk scarves but I haven't worked up the nerve yet. I too relate to the tissue problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope the cold doesn't hit you full tilt -- lovely pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rest up :) i LOVE the pillow and chair. i craft to relax too

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you a hooker?
    why working so late? ;-)

    your pillow is awesome
    and so are you

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to keep a part of the past ~ meaning those old chenille bedspreads ~ they remind me of the farm! Happy Mother's Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh those blasted tissues...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete