A post where I use the words unsettled, unravel and frazzled mess


There is nothing like spending some time in the ER on a Thursday afternoon....

total awesomeness.

I'm feeling unsettled and this almost made me completely unravel.


I just happened to be at the school when it occurred...the accident that caused Court to need two staples in his head.  I was in the gym looking forward to hearing Charlotte sing.  A student ran in saying that there was a bleeder on the playground.  I hoped it wasn't my bleeder.

It was my bleeder.

The staples are now out.  I extracted them last night and both Court and I decided that I wasn't very good at it.  I was a frazzled mess when the ER Dr. explained how to do it so this is not surprising.

Last night I felt like I did that first night in the hospital after Charlotte was born.  Charlotte was full of mucous.  Aren't you glad you are still reading?  Anyhoo...Charlotte brought up all over her little newborn self.  I looked around.  There was only me...and her. It was then that I realized that I was the only one that was going to have to deal with this.  I was the mother.  Mother's clean up their puky babies...and extract staples. The end.

Kevin and I got a date night on Sunday after both kids were invited to sleepovers.  Such a gift.  I pretended I was Miss James and Kevin captured me with his iphone. 


Ridiculous.  That's what happens when wine is $1 an ounce.  Thank you Earth to Table.

11 comments:

  1. SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so sorry....and so very glad everyone is OK and there are no more heads full of staples.

    You deserve a lot of wine
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!!!! i've had a few scares at school as well with my children and it's always so frightening. I agree with Laura have a few glasses of wine!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad he is okay! I totally freak out when my kids get hurt and sick...frazzled & unsettled are right on! thankfully you & your hubs enjoyed a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing scarier than seeing one of your kids in pain. Looks like you hung in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor Court! So glad he's on the mend and that the staples are out.

    Those "I'm the mother" moments can be icky. Hope there's no more staples in your future.

    Hope to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the wine filled date and cute pic :) hugs to the kiddies and to their brave mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you poor thing ~ sending you big hugs Tara!! And there is no such thing as too much wine.... well maybe but your still cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... Your heart must have dropped when you discovered the bleeder was yours...I'm so glad he okay and you had a lovely date night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Haha to the wine, not the staples. I'm glad he is okay...I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, my worst nightmare! i'm already worried about my little one on the playground when she goes to first grade...she is only five now, ha! glad to hear you got a night out with your husband and some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! you're brave and so is your little soldier. enjoy more wine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete