little peas and other things

This week has found me swimming in a sea of uncertainty.  There are big changes happening both at home and with work and I am drained.  I want to muster up the energy to finish the last of the painting so that I can reveal* my newish kitchen but I am still not quite there.  It is all I can do keep up with the kitchen mess and hang clothes on the line - and to wonder why oh why can't hanging the toilet paper holder become a priority.

I need a weekend free from almost everything so that I can power through these last bits.  I am hopeful that will happen in a few days.  I only need to look back at the last of my pictures to see where the extra time has been spent...



good fortune by Charlotte...


dinosaur habitat idea all Courtland...homemade play dough found through Pinterest here.




Fresh peas worth every bit of effort.  The fact that they were enjoyed by the entire family after I sauteed them in a little olive oil and finely chopped onion and tossed them in some quinoa was an added bonus and made the so far summer diet of ice cream and hamburgers a little more bearable.  

*word that makes me realize I am a blogger

7 comments:

  1. We have been gobbling up fresh peas around here...We eat them raw though (as an afternoon snack!)


    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the "reveal" word!! Hope you have a good, quiet weekend to rest up and get ready for the next challenges. I'm looking forward to seeing the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are a blogger because I like coming over here for a visit. I'm going to try the peas in olive oil.
    I'll be back for the reveal, looking forward to
    it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bits of your everyday. laundry hanging sounds heroic. too -- give yourself a back pat for doing it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good things happen to special people and there is NO-ONE more special.... Just a few more weeks and I KNOW everything will settle ... and it will be magic to see you settled and SO much happier.... :):) LOVE, love IW xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see your kitchen. sending good thoughts and good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your words of get well....I'm sending you lovely thoughts and wishes that you get everything you want accomplished! Your peas look delicious!!!
    xo,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete