summer saturday




When back to school week started I was feeling like a rock star. Then I unravelled.  Now I am somewhere in between. There have been small significant joys amongst the up and down.  Isn't there always? Making Emma's best pancakes and serving them with bacon from a local farm.  It has become a weekly tradition to hit the Farmer's Market, housed in the building where I work, every Friday for fresh eggs and bacon and berries.  The makings for a perfect Saturday morning breakfast.















We have to back track because I am now weeks behind in posts and I don't want to let the moments slip away.  There was the Saturday we drove the back roads to a spot where we hoped the rain wouldn't find us.  The drive ended at a small town fair and we pretended to fit in.  I realize now it would be the last hot day of the summer and the last time we craved lemonade. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great find ~ love fall fairs!! There is one this week-end not far from here and although we have plans for Saturday I am thinking that Sunday we just may go. Now I think I will make some pancakes for brunch too! Happy Week-end Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unraveled
    100% over whelmed

    but you manage still to whip up that beautiful breakfast and make the chaos look so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, pancakes! The perfect weekend breakfast when you have time to make the batter, fry them up, and then sit back and enjoy eating them :-) Lucky you for working right next to a farmer's market - nothing better than fresh local produce :-)

    Hope you're back too feeling like a rock star soon :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete