letting go


We are in the midst of a purge of sorts.  I'm surprised at how easily I can let go of some things and not others.  We didn't do very well with the books. I'm afraid that most will be making the move with us.  Today when I got home from work, Court came running over to me before I could even step.out.of.the.car.  He was so excited about some old books he had just found...ones that he hadn't seen in a while...he was literally jumping up and down.  He also made sure to tell me not to sell any of the paint brushes because he would need the little ones to make outlines - go figure.

This past weekend I hung my sheets outside for the last time to dry. I will make room at the new place for the clothespins that belonged to Kevin's grandmother as I think of her each time I pick one up.  That seems to be the trend of our letting go.  We are keeping only those things that are useful or loved.  Those clothespins are both.

The third floor balcony of what will be our new home in a couple of weeks!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your new home!! that balcony is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, friend, I am wishing you so much happiness on this new journey in life. You will make this place such a homey and wonderful place...and your kids will settle that house in, in no time! I can't wait to see your flat.

    It's good to let go, eh? Clean things out and to move along-it's part of our lives-even though it seems kind of tricky and difficult sometimes. It's a reminder that the important things, like your children, are all that really matters, as long as you have them by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS-Your blog is a thing of beauty. I always love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in order to grasp onto the greatness that lies ahead, we must let go of some things.

    moving forward has never been easy for me....but most things that we need in order to grow usually never are.

    best of luck
    your life will be beautiful, no matter where you land

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh....looks like you guys will have loads of fun on your new balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clothespins are great and even better since there are special memories attached to them. City living will surely be a change ~ but change is good ~ keeps us on our toes! Thinking of you Tara as you make this transition.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"d hold onto those clothes pins as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your new home. It looks like you are making some big life changes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm behind! But I loved this post. You're doing what I did, capturing the Letting Go. It's beautiful, really. Love to you today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete