most loved


The house is quiet except for my ipod that continues to play in the kitchen.  It is because the children are with grandparents and the tv is blessedly off.  I should be packing boxes or sweeping the dust balls that I keep kicking around but it feels so good to just be still for a minute.  I found this picture on the camera - it's a present from Court.  He wrapped up a stuffed bunny for me after dinner and gave it to me at bedtime.  I had just fallen in his bed, reading book in hand and was thinking that I couldn't possibly take one more second of...anything.  He asked me to close my eyes and that nearly put me over the edge.  In fact, I think I even told him that I was tired and wanted only to read the book and go to bed when he presented me with his gift wrapped in craft paper and embellished with a painters tape pouf.

This quiet moment has allowed me to remember that moment.  A moment where a Mommy most tired remembered she was a Mommy most loved.

10 comments:

  1. So true. That painters tape pouf is the best! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand...what a great moment. I need to stop more often too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Don't you just love how at the most needed times they give us such sweet gifts of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so perfect Tara ~ a little reminder of the things that matter most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me want to cry...and cry and cry
    Gosh there are some great moments when you are a mom...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. What a thoughtful boy you've raised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! The moments that make being a parent so worth it :) What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. **sigh** so sweet~ sometimes it is those moments that keep me moving forward instead of hiding under the covers~ xo

    ReplyDelete