March



A light snow is falling outside and I must admit it is pretty. I know I shouldn't be saying so as just yesterday spring felt around the corner but we haven't had much snow this year and I will tell you it has felt odd.  As I rummaged through the armoire we use as a coat closet I realized that the kids have worn their snowpants only a couple of times. There has been one snow ball fight, one snowman making day, one snow fort. I am excited for spring and the green it will bring but I am also fine with a few more days and nights filled with rosy cheeks, warm fires and soup.

Do you know what is almost better than the Christmas gift Kevin and I gave to each other arriving on our doorstep months later? The box it came in.



9 comments:

  1. I loved cardboard forts when I was a kid. Perfect place to escape from mom and dad :)

    Have a great weekend (hopefully it includes some soup!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing finer than a giant box...maybe the sweet jar of crayons that it houses! :)

    I LOVE your bench with the plants on it---I'm scheming on such a thing in my living room right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the box way more fun than the contents??!! I am so ready for Spring ~ craving green grass right now even though we have gotten off pretty lucky this winter. Hope you have a week-end filled with that soup you crave. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids went sledding exactly once this year. Love the pic of the box! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts... thx for the beautiful perspective from this fellow mom of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the fun box art. my kids love the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have an empty box? I'd like to crawl inside one and never come out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I scour every picture of your new home.... can you show us more sometime? it looks magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. as always... such a lovely post... smiling away thinking of the munchkin in the box!! ;) xoxoxo and the mama with 2 days off! ;) love ~i

    ReplyDelete