summer like


We've  learned that if you leave your skateboard outside your house overnight in the city, it will get taken. But you can also enjoy a neighbouring Victoria Day fireworks display from your own backyard.  If you are so inclined you can also walk to get some strawberry rhubarb pie, a la mode.


The last couple of weeks have been a blur of summer loveliness and yet it is not yet summer. I finally boxed up the winter woolens and filled the drawers with bathing suits. Everything feels lighter.

Last week Kevin called me at work to ask where he could get some popsicle sticks. Court was asking for some.  When I got home I asked Court if he was a maker. He told me no. He was a creator.





Yesterday while I made dinner we scrounged for the oil pastels and he did some more creating.




Roar!

7 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

    I went to the school art show last night and was so inspired to get out the crafts at home!!!

    and yes...when I l lived in the city, a scooter, stroller, and skateboard all took a walk...or a roll..either way, they were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that tiger is amazing. Your son is quite the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is fantastic Tara ~ I think Court is right ~ he is a creator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Spectacular! I was looking for this certain info for a very long time. Thanks a lot for the time taken to publish this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a brilliant creator I would say...I used to buy so much tape for my kids to create...they really are kind of amazing with what they come up with using some everyday cool stuff...and love his artwork too!

    Oh...and we live in a gated community at the beach in Southern California...turns out if you leave your scooter out overnight...it's stolen...by a neighbor--I presume! Lessons learned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is an amazing drawing! sweet family pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that tiger is SO amazing!!! ... a creator indeed!! ... and quite an artist! :):):) ... and also love the pic of Charlotte... so grown up - how has that happened? xoxoxoxoxo Hugs :)
    ~i xoxo

    ReplyDelete