a spring week


Thursday evening Kevin and I lay down in our room exhausted but happy from the day. It was Charlotte’s birthday and we had just said good bye to my parents. Charlotte skipped to the park to be with friends. We begged Court to just be still or leave but he flipped and flopped beside us in the bed claiming he needed the company. Through the open window we could hear football players in the park and I let my eyes close just for a little while.




Last Friday I hit the market for the first local strawberries and a bunch of rhubarb and a determination to make Erin’s cobbler. I intend to do the same this weekend for who knows how long the rhubarb will last and nothing could have been easier. Rhubarb = Spring. Hopefully this weekend we will be able to enjoy it sitting outside as opposed to in.



Nothing surprised me more this week than Charlotte’s excitement over a trip to the Laundromat. Her duvet needed cleaning and our washer wouldn’t do. While the duvet went swoosh, swoosh, we made a dash to our neighbourhood Starbucks for a treat and while she nibbled her apple fritter and I, my tea, we caught up.



6 comments:

  1. Charlotte is looking like such a young lady! How fun to spend tea time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! Your cobbler looks delicious, and those random Starbucks dates with my kids are the absolute best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - so lovely... Charlotte, thoughts of the day, Court snuggling, laundry/Starbucks moments... everything :):) xoxoxo! ~i

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have the best blog on the planet

    simple goodness and such beauty shared in few words
    love it
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. tara! your cobbler looks amazing--hope it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete