perfect day


Me. Happy at the end of a perfect summer day. I say perfect because it nearly was.

It started early with coffee and Kinfolk in the garden.  I came inside after hanging clothes and whispered in Charlotte's ear.  I was hoping to entice her to get up and go raspberry picking but she didn't fall for it and instead fell back to sleep.  So it was my sidekick and I that headed to the farm and filled our baskets and, if you were him, your belly, with sweet berries.

It was supper time when we packed a picnic and headed to the lake where we cooled off and built castles in the sand.

That was the beginning of what was supposed to be a short week that has in fact felt incredibly long. But I see more summer days like this ahead although they will be somewhat few and far between. Just this morning Court wondered aloud why I worked so much this summer and questioned when my next day off would be.  Tomorrow, dear child, tomorrow.














5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you get this a LOT, you look like Kelly Wearstler!

    Indeed a perfect day!
    I can't believe how grown up your little man is! Sometimes I forget and I think that my boys will stay small forever! I better go squeeze chunky chunk while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never Shannon! But thank you because she is a hot mama!! And yes please go squeeze some chunk because yes, I've got almost grown ups now for children. Breaking.my.heart.

      Delete
  2. love your backyard. (mine would not photograph as well) and your day off and that poutine. lovely summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect day indeed. We are going to pick raspberries this week! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The berries look amazing Tara ~ makes me want to jump in the car to see if the ones are ready at the farm. For a short week it was a long one wasn't it ~ it's always the way the week before vacation too. Enjoy every last moment ~ and I predict more perfect days in your future!

    ReplyDelete