August I love you







August has finally blessed me with it's freshness and my enjoyment of this fact should come as no surprise.  There is a slight chill in the air when I awake before dawn and I struggle to find a sweater in the dark to wrap myself in. The days are still bright and hot, not so dreadfully muggy as July's, and the decision to take my holidays this month as opposed to last makes me feel brilliant. So there have been some days away from the office filled with fun and sun and the dearest of friends.  We are discovering even more of this city and the gift of the great lake at our doorstep. There is only one more week to busy the kids before they head back to school and routines and I'm unsure of how I feel about it all.

2 comments:

  1. We reserved our summer vacation for August too and we're so happy we did. Funny how the weather really changes from extreme heat to hot, with a touch of cool for the early mornings. Love the pictures! Thanks for your comment about my new adventure. I'm so excited and I'm really looking forward to what the future brings. All my best for a great first week back to school, work and routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! hope the holidays were amazing :)

    ReplyDelete