cupid's bow







I made a bag. A big bag with a big red heart. A bag to hold towels, bathing suits and sunscreen should we wish to dash off to the lake, or take up an offer from a pool owning friend. I used some blue denim curtains from Ikea that were picked up for a steal and once hung in my son’s room. Using Ikea curtain fabric for a project is the bomb. Because sometimes the curtain hem can become the hem on your project or in this case the straps on your bag. It will save you a bunch of time and/or thread. I am smart or lazy depending on how you look at things.

Court made a bow. And when we were looking for sticks to become arrows, he found one to be a sling shot.

We took our creations to the park and took pictures. The end.

5 comments:

  1. I was like ~ crazy big bag ~ now I am like ~ smart and frugal woman! Have a great long week-end ~ it's 11:30 and still 31 with the humidex ~ is that not crazy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! heart the bag, heart the DIY bow and arrows. my middlest does the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best GIANT BAG ever!

    I am thinking about this Giant Bag for fall:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62478424/black-oversized-leather-hobo-bag

    its shiny!

    OH MAN I WANT IT! But I am not sure it will arrive here before VacatioN!

    Do I impulse buy it right now? (Well, I have been thinking about it for at least 2 weeks!)

    ReplyDelete